Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother mfc-8810dn and have used Control Center 4…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother mfc-8810dn and have used Control Center 4 to scan documents. As a printer, things are working fine. However, for about 6 months, despite repeatedly reininstalling the drivers and utilities, the CC4 scan option is unresponsive: the button seems to be dead. There is nothing at Brother that would seem to relate to this. While I suspect that it could be an install problem with antivirus software, that has been shut off. Also, I have installed the program as administrator. Do you have any ideas.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MFC-8810DN when you try to scan?

None. there is no obvious response.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today, plus a number of other times. That latest version was published by Brother back in June or around then, and if anything, that may have been the source of this failure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That may be it, thank you. I'm using this on a Windows 10 computer, not an upgraded 10 OS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Brother printer scanning question. I will have to ask several questions and think the data over before offering an answer:

1. Is the Brother machine a WiFi/wireless printer? or is it on a USB cable connection direct to the computer?

2. how old is the Brother machine in question, please?