Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to use my scanner to make a copy but it will not

Customer Question
Trying to use my...

Trying to use my scanner to make a copy but it will not work.. HP ENVY 5540...

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No it says Cannot Print visit www.hpinstantink ,com for information..

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Its been awhile..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question. I have to ask some questions first, please:

1. how old is the printer ? measured from date of purchase.

2. is it wireless/WiFi? or is it on a directly-connected USB cable?

3. is the computer that you use with it, an Apple computer or a Windows PC ?

4. have you checked the Ink Levels ? (Ask for instructions, if you need them.)

5. if you can, tell me more about how far you got with scanning for making a photocopy ?