Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new black cartridge in the printer. There is an…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new black cartridge in the printer. There is an orange light on the outside next to the color button. It seems that when I go to print it automatically tries to print in color and it turns out very light. I can't seem to change it to sue the back ink.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

MG3122

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error. and yes I can open cover.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to go into the printer settings for the print driver on your computer and set it to use greyscale (black and white) there.

Let me know what operating system your computer uses if you need further assistance with this.