Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XP 320 Small in One has an error message which

Customer Question
My Epson XP 320...

My Epson XP 320 Small in One has an error message which says: Printer Error. Error Code:0xF1. I have talked to Epson Support and done everything that they suggested--did not correct the problem. They said to take it to an Epson Service Center for repair. Can you help??

Technician's Assistant: Is your Epson printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, it is. The printer is two years old and I have never had a problem before. The puzzling thing is that I have a computer problem today and have been working with the router and modem to try to correct it---and then I wind up with a printer problem. Somehow, I think that I did something to cause the printer problem.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not ever done that and don't know what you are talking about. I am not computer or printer literate. Could I need a software update?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,
specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).
The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2013 model printer, it is well into if not past its designed maximum 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.
Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.