Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

It says paper jam and I have ran paper through and turned it…

Customer Question
It says paper jam...

It says paper jam and I have ran paper through and turned it off and on and still says jammed

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canaon DS810 Canon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Since it was new, my daughter gave up. I thought I would try it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It has never gotten to that point. As soon as I turned it on it says jam. I can't even get to the ink cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 2 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Hi, Not really, I have decided to trash it. But now that I have been charged $23, I may rethink that. I canceled but I guess that wasn't enough. So I guess we will try. That being said I am going to be sporadically available this morning. Anne

I understand Anne,

We can still try to get your printer problem solved.

Pleae let me know when you are available.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No thanks to the remote assistance.

Understood.

Have you tried updating the firmware and drivers of the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I tried to reset it, but can't get it off of the paper jam screen.

Understood.

Can we please try the following:

Try powering off the printer, pull the power cable out of the printer, wait for 1 minute, then put the power cable back in.

The the paper jam error still there then?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Yep
Hello?

Understood.

Have you also resetted it from the printer display? Or do you see the error message there and you cant get into the menu?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I can't get to the menu
I can't get to the menu and as I said I don't want the remote assistance. Thanks though

Understood.

Can we please remove the ink cartridge and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it.

Check if anything comes out.

If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of card stock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I understand.

These are generated by the website.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I've done that with the paper front and back all the way through. I can't get to the ink cartridge or it isn't installed.

Understood.

Do you still have warranty on the printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Gotcha regarding the remote assistance.
No warranty, it was given to my daughter years ago as a gift. I was deciding whether to trash it or not.

I understand.

What I can suggest is that I contact Canon support for you.

But they are open only monday till friday.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

I have to run, thanks!

I understand.

I will message you tomorrow.

You are welcome.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer