Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I receive a message that states rear tray. No paper. Today.

Customer Question
I receive a message...

I receive a message that states rear tray

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

No paper

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

What is that

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a Canon MX 890 series

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are we still connected?
12/17/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I am waiting for the 2 mimd

Take your time

Am checking the printer, still says
Rear Tray
There is no paper load paper, there is plenty of paper in tray

Take out all of the paper

Adjust any sliders back and forth then insert a couple of sheets of paper

Not happy with this,I have waited hours and

Take out all of the paper

I have already done that

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you have already tried unless you state what you have tried.

Nobody asked

In the future, please be sure to include everything that you have tried in the original question so that we do not repeat anything that was already attempted.

What is the exact error message that you see about the rear tray?

I have in plugged, taken the paper out and put some back in , turned off the machine and turned it back on,

There is no paper. Load paper and press ok. When I do that it makes a lot of clicking noises when it tries to print

is it referencing the rear tray at all? Do you have paper in the main tray?

It is very late here, are you going to be available?
I have paper in the main tray, I told you that. The only reference to the rear tray is that it appears at the top of the no paper message
I would like my money refunded, you are not being helpful and you are not remotely connected to my device