Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to set up my printer and I am getting a printer…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my printer and I am getting a printer error, cancel print message and reboot. But I haven't even set up the printer yet. It won't let me into the menu to cancel the print job and restarting the printer doesn't clear it.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly, but I haven't started on that step yet.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just got the printer today so I haven't updated anything and I have just been following the steps in the getting started paperwork.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 9 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-6txc9e8c,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, before attempting to set the printer up do the following:

Go to the search bar at the bottom left of the computer.

Type services and hit enter on your keyboard once it comes up in the search.

Scroll down and find Print Spooler and double click on it

Click on on STOP under service status.

Once it stops, click on START to start the service again.

Reboot the computer without the printer plugged into it

Put the setup disk in the computer and run it and follow the prompts and instructions for setup.

It will get to a point where you will enter the wifi information, etc to connect the printer to the wifi network.

Then it will have you disconnect the USB cable.

Most printer setups work this way.

Let me know if you run into any issues and we can go in another direction.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert