Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just installed new toner cartridge, printer has been off for…

Customer Question
Just installed new toner...

Just installed new toner cartridge, printer has been off for a while. When I power it back on, I see all 5 lights, hear a click (not the click from the switch) and then it goes dark

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

E250dn

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages, yes, I can open the lid and see the new toner cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/17/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

As it turns out, no, I don't. The printer won't successfully power on. The 5 lights on the front panel blink on, the a click sound, then off. I've looked and there are no fuses or reset buttons or anything like that. I replaced the old toner cartridge to see if that was the issue, and it wasn't. I tried a different power source, and bypassed the surge protector, and it is still the same. I think it is just old and dead.

Yes, unfortunately, a power issue like that usually means it would need a lot of internal repair on it to fix the issue and it would end up costing more to repair than to buy a new one.