Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson 3880 started having corrupted color problems after…

Customer Question
My Epson 3880 started...

My Epson 3880 started having corrupted color problems after a November Windows 10 update. Don't know if that's connected but the printer just all pof a sudden started functioning badly.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Yesterday though someone at Geek Tech who is also working on the problems.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No except that the printer is turned off because the Geek guy had me cleaning all the nozel heads.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Epson printer problem question.

Cleaning in such a case is a good-enough idea.

I suggest also doing a refresh of the drivers for the printer that are on your computer:

1. turn OFF the printer (once it has finished a set of cleaning cycles... a pause in cleaning can help, too)

2. go to Control Panel

then to View Devices And Printers (under Hardware)

then click once on the printer's icon, and select Remove this Device.

3. restart your computer.

4. when restarted and logged in again, go to

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Professional-Imaging-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Pro-Series/Epson-Stylus-Pro-3880/s/SPT_CA61201-VM?review-filter=Windows+10+64-bit

and download and then install, the Driver and the Net Config Utility (from the Driver section and the Utilities section respectively). And thus reinstall a fresh and updated copy of the drivers and the printer's configuration.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Cleaned it twice, then did all you suggested, Didn't work. Not sure what's next, maybe find an Epson repair center in my area.

What do the self-generated prints, e.g. Nozzle Check prints, generated by the printer itself, show the colors to be, please? it's worth asking, though it may well need repair.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech