Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson WF-3520. I just replaced two of the ink

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I...

Hi Pearl, I have an Epson WF-3520. I just replaced two of the ink cartridges. When I turn it on, after its going through a long startup cycle, it comes up with the message, "Printer error. Turn the power off and on again. etc. Error Code: 0x9D"

Technician's Assistant: Did you remove all the tape from the cartridge vent holes? (The tape is usually yellow or some other color.)

Oops, I'll check. how do I access the cartridges in this error condition?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New ones

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.