Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

When I attempt to scan documents on my Canon MB5420 to my

computer instead of the printer...
When I attempt to scan documents on my Canon MB5420 to my computer instead of the printer being shown for the scan the fax is in the place of the scanner. I have restarted the computer and printer.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: acer
JA: How long has this been going on with your MB5420?
Customer: 2 weeks. It use to work correctly,
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I update when it tells me to do it in the bottom left hand corner of computer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am using an old computer to scan with and the printer is only 6 months old.
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Are you able to print from the computer

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The printer can do everything but scan. Instead of the printer (Canon MB5400 series Printer) in the scanner, it says Canon MB5400 series FAX in the Scanner. Thus it will not scan due to the fax being in the box.

Follow these steps
Click here for remote assistance
in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer you can chat with me on this chat boxCustomer may i begin remote session and take mouse control
Guest: yesCustomer thanksCustomer isthe printer turned on
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer please place a documenton scanner glassCustomer let me know once done
Guest: i put it onCustomer okCustomer is this the document you placed
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer scanner is functioing now
Guest: i went to the scan on my apps. the window symbol on the bottom left of my desktop. Where did you go to to make it work?Customer i will show you the easiest way to scan. please place another document on the glassCustomer let me know once done
Guest: doneCustomer ok now right click on the printer icon and clcik on start scanCustomer clcik scanCustomer now click nextCustomer clcik importCustomer ok now in search box type picturesCustomer open todays date folderCustomer here all scans will show up
Guest: got itCustomer let me know if you have any other questions
Guest: You are awesome and merry chCustomer Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you tooCustomer i will now end the remote sessionCustomer thanks for using the service
Guest: Thanks a millionCustomer you are welcome
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert