Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon IPF 5100 error code E161-403F. It is. I'm trying to…

Customer Question
Canon IPF 5100 error...

Canon IPF 5100 error code E161-403F

Technician's Assistant: Is your Canon printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes it is

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm trying to change the the left print head and wondering how I can get into the service mode with thi error message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I power up holding the feeder & info button and see the S in the top right corner but don't know what to do next to get into the menu

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I'm able to get the S up in the right hand top corner but can't get into the service mode from there to change the printhead

You should be able to power on the printer and when the print head comes across, pull the power cord to stop it then replace it.

That won't work according to Canon because the ink has to drain

Unfortunately, either the printer needs to be looked at by a technician or you will need to use the power plug method.

Harry for your info I found what you do is after you see the S is hold the menu key and right arrow until it let's you enter the main menu and then you can access the service menu

OK thanks