Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP officejet 6600 print quality has lines throught some…

Customer Question
My HP officejet 6600...

My HP officejet 6600 print quality has lines throught some of the line. The error code that comes up after cleaning and aligning is Ox 61011 bed.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

Yes I have run it 4 and 5 times

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

No but I will. I just wiped them down and cleaning the heads but the print out still has the Lines acroos the A B C and two black squares

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The code is Ox 61011 bed serial number CN2BM5 QH 3T

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
I have cleaned the head many times but has white lines through some of the printing. Please advise
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to manually clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.