Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon Pixma 2900 gives error code2,140,21 tried restore

Customer Question
Canon Pixma 2900 gives...

Canon Pixma 2900 gives error code2,140,21 tried restore point and tried disconnecting printer power and computer connection still persists even when power only is on and no computer connection and it shows on its lights wireless connection although I never connected it wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: Is your Pixma displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I tried it just copying it gave no action. I tried scanning it gave this error. I will try print something now. Tried printing a small file it gave The printer is performing another operation!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I never in-installed it and I am not sure if there is a Windows-10 (32bit) driver and how to get it if that is the problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try holding down the STOP button on the printer itself, for 10 seconds continuously, then let go of the STOP button after that.

You have already tried some of the other things that are appropriate. However, also try unplugging it from the power, leaving it unplugged for 20 minutes or longer, then plugging it in to power again.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.