Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I send a document to the printer (Brother DCP-L2540DW)

Customer Question
When I send a...

When I send a document to the printer (Brother DCP-L2540DW) for two sided printing, WPerf insists on adding a code calling for manual 2-sided. It used to work ok - I think this started after I printed some business cards. I spent much time with the Brother tech, and our work pointed to WPerf. I can change the 2-sided instructions, but WPerf changes them back by time it gets to the printer. I am sure there is something I need to fix in the set-up, but have been unable to find it.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Toshiba laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DCP-L2540DW?

Just in the last few months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Microsoft updates Windaow 10 automatically - lat time yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Whatever the printer expert needs to know - WPerf used to work fine - now we have this problem - could well be something I did, but I need help to fix it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/16/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suggest that if this change in WordPerfect happened within the last several weeks, or more recently than that, then you might be able to reverse it by System Restore.

System Restore can be done by the following:

Go to

START button

and type in

rstrui.exe

and start the System Restore program.
And choose to Restore system to a previous [etc.], then from the calendar-like interface, choose the first restore point *before* the problem started, then do the restoring.

(Warning: it may help to first disconnect from the internet, then also disable - temporarily, i.e. turn Off - your anti-virus utility, since they can often interfere with the Restore operation completing successfully.... before doing a System Restore.)

The computer will grind away for a while, then restart automatically, then grind away some more, and hopefully will come up with a message that the Restore operation was fully successful.

And hopefully that will cure the problem.

(PS: Do not choose to do a System Restore if you have recently installed any Microsoft software of any considerable cost. Its installation may be reversed, and you may lose money that way. Let me know if you think that's the case, and I will advise you further as to what to do.)

This is hardly an acceptable solution - I have just had a complete Win10 update, and will not restore the system for one WP problem - I am sure the solution is in the WPerf setup, which is why I called the Corel tech support.
I think not!!
All I want is some knowledgable Corel WordPerfect advice

Actually in my opinion, the problem could be with the Brother printer's drivers and settings, perhaps.

However, it seems I do not impress you as knowledgable enough, perhaps. If you would like me to give way in favor of another Expert, I can give up this case by Opting Out, and will do so at your request.

Otherwise, I will help you as well as I can.

I have already been through that with Brother. Never mind - I will call the Corel tech support.

I hope that they can help you with this problem. Thank you for trying JustAnswer.com. Have a good evening.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech