Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a MFC-J470DW & love it. Can I go wireless for my

Customer Question
I have a MFC-J470DW...

I have a MFC-J470DW & love it. Can I go wireless for my computers?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC-j470DW, WORK SMART SERIES

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-J470DW?

I am a trader and have a larger computer across my office and want to print from both computers.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/15/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The MFC-J470DW should be able to be printed to as a wireless/WiFi printer, yes.

Two different computers can print to it as a wireless printer, yes.

The details of the setup depend on whether you have a WiFi internet router locally.

Let me know whether you need details of how to setup both or either computer(s) to do this. And I will provide instructions, or if you wish, remotely control either or both computers - provided they are Windows PCs.

John, Computer Science Engineer