Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WE HAVE A MODEL ENOY 4502 BROTHERS PRINTER, THAT WE HAVE A…

Customer Question
WE HAVE A MODEL...

WE HAVE A MODEL ENOY 4502 BROTHERS PRINTER, THAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM : WHEN WE FEED THE PAPER ON THE TOP OF THE MACHINE, IT DELIVERS A LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE. HOW CAN WE REPAIR THIS UNIT.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Brother printer: wirelessly or by USB?

WIRELESSS

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

HAVE NOT DONE THIS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

HOW DO WE CONNECT THE FAX MACHINE?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/15/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

This multifunction printer uses a separate piece of glass (ADF glass) when making copies or scans through the ADF. It is determined that 99% of all lines and streaks on copies made by feeding the original documents through the ADF are caused by debris on the ADF glass. Debris can include dust, paper or toner dust, residue from sticky note adhesive, correction fluid or tape, ink, fingerprints, and more. Even the tiniest of specks can cause the light reflected off the original to be distorted, resulting in a line, streak, or smudge on copies or scans made from the ADF.

In many cases, debris is not readily visible, can be very easy to miss, and might not be removed with just a quick wipe. A soft, lint free cloth moistened with water is usually sufficient to clean debris but more stubborn debris might require additional steps.

Follow the instructions in the link below to clean the scanner.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4500-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5368521/document/c05343887

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>