Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have HP ENVY 4500 printer. Paper got caught when printing.

Customer Question
Have HP ENVY 4500...

Have HP ENVY 4500 printer. Paper got caught when printing. Able to pull paper out with no obvious rips or tears. When trying to restart printing got message that ink cartridge wouldn't move. Followed instructions to clear for jams which I couldn't find. What else can I do besides taking unit in? Thanks. *****: What's the model of your printer?

HP ENVY 4500, Serial No. CN490131WT

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Cartridge Jam. The print cartridge cannot move. Open the ink cartridge access door.door

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Clear any paper jam or obstruction. Can open the lid. Ink cartridges all the way to the left.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/15/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Same message came up. Turned unit off and back on. Same message

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

No

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please