Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The alarm lamp is flashing. I have turned off the printer…

Customer Question
The alarm lamp is...

The alarm lamp is flashing. I have turned off the printer and did what it says in the brochure. I have unplugged the printer and the alarm is still blinking

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma MG3500

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

We have been away from the printer for several months. It has been unplugged all that time. I have changed the ink cartridge as well.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not since I got the printer two years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It prints, but prints very poorly

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/15/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you see any particular error code or number showing?
Can you tell me the actual model of the printer rather than the series?

MG3520
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please