Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can I set my MX490 printer to connect whenever I start up my…

Customer Question
Can I set my...

Can I set my MX490 printer to connect whenever I start up my computer so I don't have to push all the buttons after I have turned it off?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MX490: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The only way to do this, would be to set the printer to never turn off automatically and have it on all the time.

Does this option work for you?

how do I do that

Do you have the Caanon printer software installed? We are looking for a program called "Canon IJ Printer Utility"

no thanks, ***** ***** not want to secure remote assistance

Please ignore the message about remote assistance as it is automated by the website. Did you see my question?

just answer my question please
I have(sic) Caanon software installed
hello?

Please open the "Canon IJ Printer Utility" for me. Select the "Power Settings" option in the menu that opens. Here, select "Disable" for the Auto Power off setting.

Did you find that option?

where is it located? That is how I installed the printer

Are you on a Mac or a PC? If a PC, what version of windows?

PC 8.1

If you move your mouse into the upper right corner and keep pressing it into the corner, a side menu will appear. From here, you can click the magnifying glass to search for the program I mentioned

The only thing I get is to download it
ok I downloaded it

Please install it and open the "Canon IJ Printer Utility" program

Any luck yet?
John, Computer Science Engineer