Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I enter BIOS at startup in my HP desktop. 700-414.

Customer Question
How do I enter...

How do I enter BIOS at startup in my HP desktop

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

700-414

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP? What have you tried so far?

This morning windows indicated an update was available and started the update. All day I've had a screen reporting "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer is backed up to Acronis but I need to bypass the widows startup to get booted from USB

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
To enter the BIOS Setup of your HP 700-414, you may do this immediately after turning ON the power to your PC:

on the keyboard, tap on the F10 key once per second, until the Setup menu appears.

(Sometimes pressing Esc instead, will bring up a choice-of-BIOS-Setup-etc. menu.)

If you wish to access UEFI settings in the BIOS, though, a different approach may have to be taken.

(If the message says, don't turn Off your computer, I advise against turning it Off at least until a day has passed, a whole 24 hours that is.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.