Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have an error 1660 and i have installed a replacement

Customer Question
Hey i have an...

Hey i have an error 1660 and i have installed a replacement cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Only after replacing the cartridge

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Machine is 18 months old so never

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for using Just Answer.

'm Kumar and I'll assist you further.

Can you please let me know since when you started having this issue ?

Thanks,

Kumar

now when i changed a cartridge
no
can you give me a self fix

Okay. Which printer do you use? I guess Canon.

Can you please let me know if you tried giving a manual cleaning.

MG7560

Please ignore the remote assistance requests, these are from the website and not from me.

no what do i clean

I'm sharing the instructions, please execute them. When was the last time printer something.

3 days ago
are you sending instructions

Okay. Please find instructions below

Step 1: Press ON button to ensure ink tank is in center position
Step 2: Remove each ink cartridge from tank until empty
Step 3: Safely remove the printer head and the ink tank cartridge in two swift steps. (You need NO tools, not be a techie or a computer guru to perform this elementary task. You simply need patience and a gentle touch)
Step 4: After removing Printer head, use BD Alcohol swab square (or similar piece of old flat fabric cloth with dab of alcohol on it); VERY Gently swab and clean all sides of head being careful not to leave cloth particles or tears on the strips of magnetic tape (YOU CAN NOT PLACE THIS HEAD IN WATER OR A CLEANING SOLUTION WITHOUT DAMAGING IT COMPLETELY)
STEP 5: Use BD swabs to gently wipe and clean inside tank and back of tank where prongs are for the head.
STEP 6: Allow printer head to air dry outside of printer. (ALLOW minimum 10 minutes for all air drying to occur for cleaning of ink tank and printer head)

STEP 7: UNPLUG the printer, wait 5 minutes. Then replug printer and POWER ON (Error Code goes away)

shared them above. Please have a look and let me know once done.

I have not got BD alcohol swabs or alcohol

Rubbing achohol? Okay, you can use water but please use very less water. I dont recommend water as it could spoil the internal metal connections. Please leave the printer to dry is you are using water.

it seems you can't help as i dont want to ruin the printer
are you there

Please use water and allow it to dry, then power it up.

can we end this call and make sure my deposit is refunded and no charges are made to my card

Okay. Please get in touch with the customer service for a refund. As I have shared you the method to get this issue resolved, you may please use it.

I'm a Tech Expert. in case you need anything else, you may get in touch with me.

Thanks,

Kumar

John, Computer Science Engineer