Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP Office jet pro Model 6968. It is not printing…

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP Office jet pro Model 6968. It is not printing in black ink. I recieved an error message: :Problem with printhead Oxc19a0015

Technician's Assistant: Is your OfficeJet displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

No. I only received that error message once.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just received this printer. It is brand new

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

The cause for this problem is the print head is clogged and that has to be cleaned.

Please wait meanwhile I compose the instructions.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
  1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue.

A test page prints.

4. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

NOTE:

5. If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me know the status.

Not sure what the test page is supposed to look like. I just have some colored bars. I am cleaning the printhead again
It just has the colored bars. No printed words. Nothing in black. This is a brand new printer and has not worked since I recieved it.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Oh, okay.

Let me check please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is that a Windows computer or Mac that you have?

It is a Windows. Are you with HP? I thought I was dealing with HP support
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with HP.
I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question.
Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

I came here by mistake. I thought I was on the HP support line
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

No worries, let me redirect you to our customer support.

Thank you. Please do not charge me for this