Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to connect my HL L2380 DW directly to my computer. Is…

Customer Question
I want to connect...

I want to connect my HL L2380 DW directly to my computer

Technician's Assistant: What WD model do you have?

Is there something besides HL L2380 DW that I should look for?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WD printer?

New installation

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have 2 of same model Brother printer. 1 is using Mac IOS Sierra. Updated 2 months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yhr other is a NEW Windows7 updated in May

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 7 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
it is a new printer. I want to connect it directly top my PC
please cancel this request and refund my $5
I do not wish to start a free trial or to sign up for further service

Connect it using to the Mac computer using USB cable.

Then, follow the instructions below.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. Restart the computer after installing the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1927?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners. window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>