Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I'm setting up my mx922 for the first time. I've cycled

Customer Question
I'm setting up my...

I'm setting up my mx922 for the first time. I've cycled through the head alignment 3 times, the MP101 paper comes out blank and I get Support Code 2500 error. ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I haven't restarted the printer yet. just getting through initial set up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I haven't even gotten that far yet. This is a brand new machine out of the box 10 minutes ago. Downloading the printer driver is next on the set up sheet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I will need the web address to download the printer driver to my Surface 3

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok. it is unplugged. I'll come back in ten minutes with a result

thank you

plugged it back in. Performed restart and head alignment. Just got the same error. Auto head alignment has failed.

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, you received this faulty part.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ok. Will I be charged for this on-line session since this is a brand new machine that has a factory defect?

I cannot see amounts, you need to contact customer service for that (I am just an engineer)

You have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem.

This is what we did and what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable.

You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do and when I receive a positive rating, I get a portion of this, which is my livliehood

If you need anything else, please let me know

Thanks

can you give me a phone number for customer service please?

You can call on 1-***-***-****

Richard, Technician