Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

When I scan a document, let's say it's 5 pages, when I scan…

Customer Question
When I scan a...

When I scan a document, let's say it's 5 pages, when I scan it I get a document with all 5 pages - but then I get a second document that starts on page 2 through 5, then I have a third document that starts on page 3, and so on.... so I'll have 5 documents in the end... Whats up with that?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

ProXpress M3870FW - I've searched the owners manuel and can't find any setting or solution for this kind of problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ProXpress?

I just started with this office so as long as I've been here, like 5 weeks, nobody here seems to be bothered by the extra pages.... it's driving me batty!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

IDK

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's it... thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you trying to scan 5 pages into one file as PDF file?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Thank you.

I'm trying to scan in a document (although it may have many pages) but I want one document (containing all the pages) so I end up with one document, not many pages individually. If that makes sense.
can you tell me what setting I need to change to create just one PDF when I scan, please.

Please go to the link below, download and install NAPS2(Not Another PDF Scanner 2).

https://www.naps2.com/

After installing NAPS2, open it and select Scan. Select the changes you want and click Scan. Scan every page you want and after finishing all pages, click Save PDF. It will save all the pages to one file.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Does the program you suggest require me to hand feed each page --it's doesn't look like it works when I use the automatice feed method tray-- in which case that program doesn't help!!
I would consider the suggestion as counter-productive.I'm surprised there's not just a setting I can go to and change the way the documents are scanned/saved, creating one PDF at a time. I'm sorry but I can't rate you with "Excellent" I'm not at all happy with the outcome. Sorry.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

In order to use the Feeder, you have to change the source in your profile settings. Click Drop down arrow next to scan option. Then, change the feeder option. Try scanning again.

Thank you.