Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My customer has a Ricoh 440DN color laser printer setting…

Customer Question
My customer has a...

My customer has a Ricoh 440DN color laser printer setting off different error codes and not allowing printer to print and was not reading the magenta color tube saying out not OEM toner when it was. The codes were SC312, SC313, SC314 & SC315.

Technician's Assistant: Is your 440DN displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I cant say for sure but the printer is only about 7 or 8 months old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it for now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 8 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

Those error codes are effectively dealing with your drum. Your Ricoh 440DN should be still under warranty and the drum can be replaced for free. If the warranty is out of effect then you will have to replace the drum for that device. You can also take the drum out and reset it inside the Ricoh and then restart it to see if the error will clear up. If not you will have to buy another drum because it's either bad or the sensors have went bad.