Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam on a K10393 multipurpose Cannon printer.

Customer Question
I have a paper...

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

Multipurpose K10393

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Just this once

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

While printing I added more paper---;the machine pulled in too much paper

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your paper jam question.

First, unplug the printer from the power. Then:

Pull out, gently, by hand, only one sheet at a time, of the paper that is jammed in the printer. This should be done very carefully and gently, so as not to damage an already strained printer.

Follow directions on the direction and place to pull out the paper sheets one by one - if you need such directions, Reply and let me know.

(The worst cases of multiple-page-feeding jams, need a trip to a repair shop to have the printer set to rights. Be careful how you remove the paper, and how you load paper in future, and hopefully that will not be needed. Let me know how it goes, if you like.)