Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer will not accept the new print cartridges. USB. I…

Customer Question
My printer will not...

My printer will not accept the new print cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB. I just unplugged everything and am not re-connecting.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Good question, do not know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I replaced the red and blue cartidges. and it is stuck on that screen on the printer. will not allow a reboot.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Same status. Display on Printer shows red & blue as empty cartridges when just changed them with new. Oh it is a MFC-J480DW. Still says I need to change ink.

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.