Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson WF-3520 stopped recognizing red cartridge and now

Customer Question
Epson WF-3520 stopped recognizing...

Epson WF-3520 stopped recognizing red cartridge and now won't even print out B&W documents. Is there a quick fix to print something with no color.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Doesn't recognize cartridge

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

New ones from Epson

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok. I'll get back to you in 20 min after I've tried it

Thank you

It didn't help. Same message.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I tried it but it didn't help

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hmm. In the past when this has happened, if I put in another new cartridge it would work. Almost like Epson designed in the feature to drive more revenue. Have a good day.

That was the symptoms of a faulting head which has not completely failed and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.