Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon MX922 has a message that states there is a problem…

Customer Question
My Canon MX922 has...

My Canon MX922 has a message that states there is a problem and to shut off my computer and wait for a little while and then turn back on. I have done this and this did not fix the problem. It states to try it again and if this fails get help. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: How old is your MX922?

? Guess 2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your MX922?

Shut off and restart 4 times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need the printer to work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Power is unplugged at 9:26 AM. I will plug it back in at 9:40 AM

Thank you

Same error message.

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please
This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Can you recommend a company in Tulsa to repair the printer?

Can you first do the instructions I gave you please?

I have repeated them below

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes