Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have changed over my Print Toner & now there seems to be a…

Customer Question
I have changed over...

I have changed over my Print Toner & now there seems to be a paper feed problem. I have a MFC - 7420 machine

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

No idea, I was given this machine 2yrs or so ago without any books etc & I haven't really had a problem. I just took it to a printer company to give it a check over, all came back fine, just replaced the print cartridge, haven't had to replace anything till now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok I have unplugged the printer & will wait 10minutes & see how it goes when I re plugg it back in.I have plugged it all back in & tried it again, & still the same problem.

Thank you

No Surely you can tell me how to fix it, it can't be that difficult
.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the toner goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I have done what you told me, & there is till a paper jam so it tells me, however there is nothing there. I believe it is something with the instalation of the new toner. I will take the machine to a local & have it looked at. Thanks for your help. But I will not be using this site or any other for that matter again.

Thanks

It is the internal paper sensor in the printer that has faulted, and is falsely reading a jam

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you