Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother HL_2240 has a red blinking light and it won't…

Customer Question
My Brother HL_2240 has...

My Brother HL_2240 has a red blinking light and it won't print. It has paper and the toner is fairly new.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HL 2240?

A week appx. It had been working fine till then.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have no awareness of this process.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I don't mind paying $5 to get the problem resolved. But I noticed on my last contact with a technician there was a message saying that $33 would be charged afterward!!! What's that about?? I h am absolutely not going to agree to that.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
I have been waiting 15 minutes for an answer. When is someone going to respond??
12/14/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Hi Joel. I'm waiting for the instructions. Thank you

The $5 is a refundable deposit to open your account. When you are satisfied with the answer, it will be applied to the value of the question.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to remove your print server icon, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Joel,
I got a second text saying that you have responded to my question. However I do Not have an answer from you. What's going on?? It have been 30 minutes since I posted this problem.

I did respond to your question You need to select the link in your second notification email to open your browser to this conversation.

It is 10:57 pm and I got the 3d message saying you have responded. This is not true. Do not send anymore false messages. I only want to hear from you when you have my problem resolved!

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively, or I can do it for you, using a secure remote connection, which is a premium service.

​i CANNOT RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM WITHOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION AND COOPERATION. pLEAS LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO CONTINUE.

Why am I receiving the 4 th message, when there is no answer to my question ??
I would like a refund!!
There was no indication that I'd have to wait almost an hour to get an answer!! Now it's 24 hours! NO WAY. IWANT MY MONEY BACK. THIS SEEMS LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN A SCAM!!!
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer