Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My good old HP LaserJet 1320n will no longer print from my…

Customer Question
My good old HP...

My good old HP LaserJet 1320n will no longer print from my iMac with MacOs 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your LaserJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Network via Ethernet over router

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Long time ago, but I guess it comes with the Apple software updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to find the driver software for the 1320n/Mac but couldn't

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.
Here is some additional information: My Mac is up to date with system updates (can't run Sierra since it's too old, ultima 2009). Have tried to reboot Mac and printer, reset printer, check IP (yes is same group as Mac), rebooted router, deinstalled printer and reinstalled etc..
None of this has worked, so I am beginning to focus on the driver. Post in forums suggest that the driver does not run well on the newest editions of the Mac system software.
Best regards Peter
No, I will not switch Secure Remote Assistance. Don't know you.

Did it work previously on this computer with 10.11.6?

It has run up till very recently, - I am not quite sure whether there has been an update to the system since - it's on automatic updates. There might have been.

Unfortunately, I do not see any driver/software available for El Capitan for your printer.

John, Computer Science Engineer