Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't seem to receive fax messages. I see that the message…

Customer Question
I can't seem to...

I can't seem to receive fax messages. I see that the message goes into fax memory but I can't get the message in readable form.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

A long time agp ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/14/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. I can send FAXes successfully but when I receive them, the reply goes into "FAX memory" and stays there. How do I get it out of "fax memory"?

What is the make/model of your fax machine?

Canon MX 470 series.
  1. Press the FAX button.

The Fax standby screen is displayed.

2. Press the Menu button.

The FAX menu screen is displayed.

3. Use the button to select Receive mode set., then press the OK button.

4. Use the button to select the receive mode, then press the OK button.