Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

With a new set of ink cartridges the printer is skipping…

Customer Question
With a new set...

With a new set of ink cartridges the printer is skipping every second or third line. Is it coming to the end of its life or have I a correctable problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

CX8300

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Since recent ink change

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Cant now recall but not all that long ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 2 months ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Can you please let me know how OLD the printer is ?

Thanks,

Kumar

probably a decadent can't remember, could be older.

Okay. Quite OLD then. Can you please follow the below steps first and get back to me.

Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Thanks,

Kumar

Done and power back on

Now, we need to do a Head Cleaning cycle. Do you know how to do that?

Please Click Print or Print Setup from the File menu.

Then, click Printer, Setup, Options, Preferences, or Properties.

Click the Maintenance tab, then click the Head Cleaning button and follow on screen instructions.

Thanks,

Kumar

Where is the file menu?

Open Notepad. Type something on it and click on the FILE Menu on it. From there look for Print/Print Setup.

What notepad? I don't have one

Do you use a PC or a Mac?

Mac

Give me a moment while I modify the instructions.

1) Click the Utility icon button on the Printer, then click the Head Cleaning button.

Follow the on-screen instructions.

2) Head cleaning... appears on the LCD panel while the printer performs the cleaning cycle.

Caution:

Never turn off the CX8300 while Head cleaning... appears on the LCD panel. Doing so may damage it.

3) When Head cleaning... disappears from the LCD panel, click the Confirmation button in the Head Cleaning dialog box to print a nozzle check pattern. Use the check pattern to confirm that the print head is clean.

what does that look like? There's no 'utility' word on the printer panel

It should be like a Screwdriver and Wrench Symbol.

no such symbol on this printer

Okay. We can also do that from your Mac. Do you see Print on the File menu of your application or click Options in the Page Setup dialog box.

39;Print' is at the bottom of a list under File menu

Please proceed.

I've pressed Print and get the page I tried to print hours ago. Now what?

I do not want you to print. Okay, please click Page Setup on the File Menu of you application.

Okay. We simply need to give it a Print Head Cleaning. The cleaning can be manual or system driven. Let's try it system driven first and then we can do the cleaning process manually. Please note, the manual process might need rubbing alchohol to remove extra ink.

There is no page setup in the File menu

Okay. Do you have Epson Printer Utility installed on your Mac?

No

Let me give you the installation link.

Which version of Mac OS do you use?

I've no idea except that it is regularly updated

I'm guessing High Sierra then. Please click the below link and install the software in you system.

download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6285/epson628561eu.dmg

Thanks,

Kumar

That page is unavailable
Done

Can you please install the same.

What? There's no download facility on the home page that just appeared

There is one. There are two fields on the page. To enter the model number of the printer and language. Please enter the Model Number.

Once you do that, hit Search and below you'll find the drivers as per your system.

Download apparently completed

Okay. Let's install it.

34;EPSON_IJ_Printer can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" appeared when I tried.
  1. In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.

Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.

2. Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.

3. Click Open.

The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.

There's no shortcut menu and when I click on the Epsom printer in the list of apps, it refuses to open as before
We've been at this for well over an hour and got precisely nowhere. If you can't sort this out quickly, I wish to terminate this conversation and have my money returned to me !

I am providing you will all the necessary details. Since Mac OS is very secure, it does not allow external applications from getting installed. I provided info to add an exception.

As I'm out of options, I'll opt out and allow other expert to have a look.

Thanks,

Kumar

My time's just as valuable as yours. Close this conversation down please and send me confirmation that I'll not be charged for something I didn't receive.
Absolutely not!!
I've sent my intention to shut this down because it provided me with no solution to my problem, and I will not pay for 'no solution' in over an hour of my time.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

John, Computer Science Engineer