Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Deskjet 2624. I printed out some color pics

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Deskjet 2624. I printed out some color pics until I ran out of toner. I bought more and installed it, but now my printer will not work. I admit I am 88 and not too up on how to do this problem solving, but I have done what it said to do in the pamphlet and nothing works. I need to make some Christmas letters. HELP.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Something about not connected to the whatever. I have a black jet printer and it runs fine and has for years. Now this new thing is driving me nuts.

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

I replaced them with new ones. The black one seems fine, the colored one, no. My husband had ordered them in the mail. So I went out and bought another colored one $41. And it does not seem to work. Boo Hoo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. HELP

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Are you using the printer connected to the USB or wireless?

I wrote another email saying I do not want to sign up for extended coverage. and first they said this would cost me $5 and now they are adding $30. Sort of bad advertising. I am on a limited income, so I count pennies.
I am hooked to the computer.
I am leaving now for a day with my daughters and will not be back for a day. If I cannot fix this @#$%$#@ printer I am going to put it in the trash. I normally do not get so riled up, but this is playing with my angst.
Forgive me.
Now I have to rate you and what do I know at this point?
JoAnn

Just let me know when you are back, and we can make a remote session, and I can check the problem while connected to your computer.