Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Black ink cartridge will not print. The cartridge shows a…

Customer Question
Black ink cartridge will...

Black ink cartridge will not print. The cartridge shows a significant supply level.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Sorry, it's and HP OfficeJet Pro 6968. Do I have the wrong brand help line?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Off and on for a month or so.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.