Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It refuses to scan. Canon MG 2450. Several days but, I was…

Customer Question
It refuses to scan ...

It refuses to scan

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MG 2450

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Several days but, I was told to re-boot my PC and switch off/on my printer. This has worked but not today!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know and don't know how to!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It doesn't scan with any request - Auto, Photographs or Documents

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

Done - it took absolutely ages to reboot after configuring updates
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is that a Windows computer you have?