Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I go to system references, then click printers and…

Customer Question
How do I go...

How do I go to system references, then click printers and scanners and then select printer from the list open and print queue...my brand new printer is not responding to my lap top...the brother technician advised to the above procedure...please help...I am senior citizen and I am not savvy with the computer world

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

We just got it last month...my son, who is overseas now, connected it...it was working...but for the last 3 weeks it stopped and I don't why...or how to remedy the situation. Therefore, I assume that he updated when he connected this new printer to my software...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

My photocopier is working...the Brother technician/advisor thinks there are printing orders that should be cancelled...which is true...because I kept clicking print...and no response...for the last 3 weeks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

I did
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

What is the model number of your printer

And i would like to know the operating system on your computer is that Windows 10?

I find this ridiculous...all I wanted was to print the files from my laptop...my brand new printer stopped responding...the Brother's technician advised me to cancel all my previous "print" commands...I did not know for sure how to go there...why am I suppose to pay 52 dollars, plus I just paid 5 dollars, giving even my security number...this is too too much hassle for a senior citizen who wants to deal with the stupid insurance paperwork and government tax forms....
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

I am sorry for what you are experiencing but am trying to help you through this.

And I believe we can definitely fix this and all we require is some patience.

The model of my printer is DCPL2540DW
How do I find the operating system?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is that a Windows Computer?

my cell is ringing and advising me that you responded but I do not see it on my screen, on my lap top.
I believe it is a windows computer...it is apple...I use safari
Where would I find that it is windows 10 ?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

If that is a apple computer then it wouldn't run Windows please hold while I compose instructions.

The original box reads MacBook Air...does that help?