Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an HP LaserJet 3055. 2 issues recently. 1- When

Customer Question
I have an HP...

I have an HP LaserJet 3055. 2 issues recently.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

1- When printing, it prints a page, then feeds thru a blank page. On a print job of 10 pages, every other page is blank.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

2. Now it refuses to print but gives the error message 'no print cartridge' when indeed there is.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The no print cartridge issue is actually a big one because that is usually a sign of internal failure.

Remove all cartridges and insert them back in. Do you still see that message?

Just took it out and put it back in. Same message. Does this mean printer is dead?

How old is the printer?

Not sure. 7+ years?

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new printer for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thank you. By the way, I authorized a $5 charge. I just got a fraud alert from my credit card saying your company is asking for $28. I denied it.

Our service is not $5.

That’s what the link asked me to authorize. They offered a monthly subscription which I refused

No, the sign up process explains the process. It is a $5 deposit and the rest is charged after the expert replies.

Since you denied out charges, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-****. Unfortunately, we cannot help you any further.