Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have been printing a letter multiple copies and my mx 860…

Customer Question
I have been printing...

I have been printing a letter multiple copies and my mx 860 started printing double one copy on top of another. I have powered off the printer and my Mac, but nothing seems to help.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless I think

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't recall. It was printing fine and then just started printing over. I thought it was because I was sending to many to the printer, but that doesn't seem to be the problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 7 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

Sounds like you need to clean the encoding strip. Best place to go do this is by this link: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109134

It will show you step by step how to do that.