Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to remove an ink before it is empty. Epson TX200.

Customer Question
Hi, I need to...

Hi, I need to remove an ink before it is empty

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson TX200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TX200?

Just now. I accidentally put a cheap ink in

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have no idea. I just need to know how to remove an ink cartridge when it is not empty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician
As you want to replace the cartridge, I am giving you the steps to do that, please follow the steps and let me know the result.1
Confirm that the printer is plugged in and press the power button. Open the printer cover and press the "Stop" button (located below the power button). Wait for the print cartridge holder to move into view before proceeding.
2
Examine the print cartridge holder and note which cartridge is located underneath the arrow indicator. That cartridge is the one you need to replace. Press the "Stop" button and the print cartridge holder will continue to point out other cartridges in need of replacement. Continue pressing the "Stop" button until the print cartridge holder slides all the way to the right.
3
Grip the rear edge of the print cartridge cover and lift the cover open. Locate the first cartridge you wish to replace. Squeeze the tab located at the end of the cartridge, then lift the cartridge up and out of the holder.
4
Remove your replacement cartridge from its packaging (including the affixed yellow tape). Insert the cartridge into the print cartridge holder and push down on its top edge until you feel it snap into place. Repeat the replacement process with the remaining empty cartridges, then close the cover on the print cartridge holder. Close the printer cover. Press the "Stop" button and wait for the printer to finish charging the ink before proceeding.
5
Turn off the printer and load a piece of plain paper into the printer's input tray. Locate the button labeled "Copies." Press the "Copies" button and the power button simultaneously and wait for the printer to generate a test page. Review the results and select the most solid of each of the printed patterns. Use the "Copies" and "Set" buttons to input your selections into the printer. Once you've finished aligning the print head, the printer is ready for use
Don’t worry you will not get ink everywhere. It is controlled. Go ahead and take it out. Have a rag or paper towel on stand by. Just for precautions sake. Can never be too careful.
I do not know why but my greeting did not send at the beginning and i apologise for that. My name is ***** ***** assisting you with your question this evening.
I know how to change an empty cartridge. I want to remove one that is not yet expended so the holder does not stop in the cradle so I can get at the ink
I understand. What I usually do in this situation is to shut off all power and unplug then manually push the carriage across. Be very gentle with it, don’t force anything. It should move pretty freely with just a finger.
On some models you can hold down the stop button for 6 seconds and it over rides the carriage so you can change them when they are not empty yet. This only applies to some models.
does not work
Any other ideas?
Are you using windows or mac with this printer? You can use the software to to do this.
For windows you will click on maintenance tab then on ink cartridge replacement
Windows
You will find this in printing preferences
You can use this function even if carts are not empty yet
http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sx200tx200/html/ink_5.htm
I found this link to help you.
I would like you to keep hold of this online manual for further and future reference which will help you solve a lot of issues.
http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/sx200tx200/html/index.htm