Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After replacing color cartridges, the printer won't print in…

Customer Question
After replacing color cartridges...

After replacing color cartridges, the printer won't print in color.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Epson WF-2660

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. I can lid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Should I do anything in control panel?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,

OK, Nathan, I've cleaned the print head 3 times and now nothing prints

You'll need to clean a few more times then still

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.