Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't successfully connect XP-830 to MAC PowerBook 10.6.7.

Customer Question
Can't successfully connect XP-830...

Can't successfully connect XP-830 to MAC PowerBook 10.6.7

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP-830: wirelessly or by USB?

Trying to connect wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just checked and it is all up to.dste

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any WiFi network in your home? If you have wifi network. please make a note on the WiFi network name and WiFi password.

1. Press the home button, if necessary.
  2. Select Setup.
  3. Select Network Settings.
  4. Select Wi-Fi Setup.
  5. Select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.

Note: If you need to disable the wireless network to set up your product on an Ethernet network, scroll down and select Disable Wi-Fi instead. Then follow the instructions on changing to a wired network connection in this guide.

6. Select the name of your wireless network or enter the name manually.

Note: To enter the wireless network name manually, scroll down and then select Other Networks. Use the displayed keypad to enter your network name, as described in the next step.

7. Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password) using the displayed keypad.

Note: The network name and password ***** case sensitive. Be sure to correctly enter uppercase and lowercase letters, and numeric or special characters

8. Press Done when you finish entering your password.
  9. Confirm the displayed network settings and select Proceed to save them.

Note: If you need to change a setting, press the Back button.

10. If you want to print a network setup report, press the Start button. (Otherwise, select Done.) If the network connection is successful, the Network icon on the right side of the LCD screen is blue.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you