Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Installed a new modem/router now I lost wireless printer -

Customer Question
Hey Comcast installed a...

Hey Comcast installed a new modem/router now I lost wireless printer - they tried for 2 hours - still no luck - gave up. You guys have worked on my PC a number of time - always with success - can you help now - I have a support contract with you guys.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP officejet 6500A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

The day after they installthe new equ...never thought to check the printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Automatic update - guys had it 4 5 mo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

3or 4 months ago fixing speed virs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Now that you have a new router, we need to set up your printer on your new network. Are you ready to begin?

On your printer, please do the following:

1. One the printer's home screen, press the right arrow and select "Network"
  2. Press "Wireless"
  3. Press "Wireless Setup Wizard"
  4. Press your new network name
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect

On your computer (For windows 10):

1. Click the start button
  2. Click on settings (it resembles a gear)
  3. Select "Devices"
  4. Select "Devices and Printers"
  5. Select your printer and click remove
  6. Click on add a printer at the top
  7. Select your printer
  8. Try to print