Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a canon pixma ip6000d printer, I am receiving a

Customer Question
I have a canon...

I have a canon pixma ip6000d printer , I am receiving a message print head not installed.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Pixma: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Unsure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Conection tape is dry and parting

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok

It sounds like you are getting error message stating print head not installed. Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what are troubleshooting step you have tried before? The reason why I am asking is this issue will occur when the print head is not seated properly or print head is not clean. So we can try to clean and reseat the printer head. If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps please click on the link and watch the video reference for clearing the printer head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJQxi2KEEs

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I followed instructions for cleaning print head, replaced head and ink in printer , i still get same message , print head not installed , Please advise whats next
Is anyone there ???

I am here and thank you for replying back. I did a research on this problem but still I am not getting any further troubleshooting steps. I am really sorry, I couldn't provide you a proper solution. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

OK I am waiting.

Thank you

Technician: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

Are you able to make a remote session using team viewer so I can check if the driver is properly installed?

is there a charge for that??

nope, just need to download teamviewer and install it

OK what do I do ?

Go to this page.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

And download the software, then install it

it is installed . what now

open it, give me the partner id and the password ***** display and ill connect to your computer.

cant get partner ID ?

when you open teamviewer you will see the partner id and the password

it shows your ID and Pass word but no partner ID is shown

ok thas the number.

Give them to me please

ID 385 380 877 Password 9021

ok ill connect now

My teamviewer is updating please give me a few minutes

OK

im connected

The printer driver is fine, also the computer, it seems like the print head is damaged or wrong installed, as this is a physical problem I recommend to use the warranty (if it is still under warranty) or send it to a repair service.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Engineer