Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

031008 error has just come up today. Turned it off and back…

Customer Question
031008 error has just...

031008 error has just come up today

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, turned it off and back on several times

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Only had it 3 months, trying to update it now Firmware update showing but nothing will work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just showing error as above and Turn printer on again.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still stuck in a loop. Error 031008 to Print Error Check to Turn power off
It will not allow anything else
This is looking more like a scam to get more money, you have not suggested anything helful for what think I have paid £20??

Do you wish to continue?

I would like my problem solving but I cannot just keep spending money with no results.

How old is the printer?

3 months old and no problem before
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can try?

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that it is under warranty and it can be replaced for you.

What is the make/model of the printer?