Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Crumbles the corner of envelopes. Brother MFC-7460DN. Since…

Customer Question
Crumbles the corner of...

Crumbles the corner of envelopes.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother MFC-7460DN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-7460DN?

Since new

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure on the pc and I don't know if the printer has ever been.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
12/13/2017
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Have you always had this issue?

Does it happen with regular paper in there? (Crumbling the corners of the paper)

No, only envelopes.

If you only place one envelope in the tray, does it still crumble?

always.

This is a strange issue because if it was a roller issue then all paper going through would crumble or crinkle but it only happens to envelopes.

Does it always crumble in the same location?

always on the left bottom front. Also, use the front tray for envelopes.

It could be an issue with the envelope roller that is crumbling it.

Do you notice the sound of crumbling at a certain point when it starts to print?

No sound of crumbling.

Does it happen on multiple sizes of envelopes?

All envelopes.

How old is the printer?

Maybe 1 year old or less.

If it is under 1 year old, it can be repaired or replaced under warranty since it should not be doing that.

I doubt it's under warranty.........

Is it under a year old?

I actually don't know exactly when it was purchased.

You can contact Brother and they can determine the age of it for you if you wish to see if it can be replaced/repaired under warranty.

what's wrong with it????

There must be a roller that is crumbling the envelopes when it is sending it through the machine.

I will look in the morning when I get to the office and I will contact you since we have not come up with a solution.

OK

I looked at every roller and everything is in good shape. I also looked in to when it was purchased; it was 1-1/2 years ago.

Crumbling of the envelope is either the envelope or the roller.

Since it does it with multiple envelopes and even when there is only 1 envelope in the tray, it is likely a roller/gear issue somewhere in the printer which requires someone on-hands to look at it.

Thanks, I'm sorry to say we have not accomplished anything.

Yes, I understand.