Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Although the color cartridge had been working for awhile it…

Customer Question
Although the color cartridge...

Although the color cartridge had been working for awhile it started saying to take it out and put it back in - it would not work. So I removed it and printed with just the black ink. I just bought a new color cartridge to see if it was the problem. Even though it is in tightly it keeps saying running with a single cartridge as though does not remember using two.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP Envy 7640

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes I took the old one out and put it back many times - Yes I used to get error report but forget what it said - it must have indicated it was a problem with the color cartridge. As I said now that I have purchased new color and put it in I don't get error message just saying printing in single cartridge mode...

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
12/12/2017
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 5 months ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hi, I am John, welcome to JustAnswer.com

First, please make sure you are using genuine HP cartridges, and not refilled/generic ones.

Then if you still get the same issue, please use a printhead cleaning kit like this one ===> https://tinyurl.com/yatwp7gg

Please remember I don't work for the manufacturer, so please do not leave me a negative feedback if you are not happy with them.

A good feedback is appreciated, that's the only way for me to get paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again.

Also, please click REPLY if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

JOHN

John, Computer Science Engineer